The Geneva Tsinghua Initiative (GTI) is a partnership between the University of Geneva, with its strong ties to Geneva’s international organizations, and Tsinghua University, China’s top university with its main campus in Beijing’s high-tech corridor, and a graduate campus in Shenzhen, heart of the Chinese manufacturing ecosystem.
In January 2017, President Xi Jinping of China and then President of the Swiss Confederation, Doris Leuthard, jointly witnessed the signing of the memorandum between Tsinghua University and University of Geneva on a comprehensive education program for the SDGs.
A clear mission
- Answer the aspirations of a generation that wants to contribute to solving major societal challenges based on the SDGs.
- Immerse students in two cultures (International Geneva, Entrepreneurial China) to teach them to think and act outside of their comfort zones.
- Develop novel teaching methods based on solving concrete problems in interdisciplinary teams.
- Prepare students for the transition from the academic world to a global economy transformed by digital technology and the challenges of sustainable development.
- Crystallize the convergence between international organizations, the academic world and the business sector.