Institute for Sustainable Development Goals, Tsinghua University
Housed in the School of Public Policy and Management in Tsinghua University on April 26th, 2017. The Institute for Sustainable Development Goals of Tsinghua University (TUSDG) aims to establish a leading platform to conduct interdisciplinary research and collaborate with global partners to address challenges in implementing UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). By integrating theoretical learning and practical experience in the field, the TUSDG also strives to cultivate a new generation of talents who are dedicated to the implementation of SDGs and the improvement of global governance. In addition, the TUSDG will make every effort at creating a high-end open platform in the research field of SDGs, attracting world-class experts and scholars to be involved in teaching and research activities. Finally, the institute aspires to become a leading think tank in China on SDG-related policies through cooperative partnerships with relevant government agencies.
- Conducting research on the issues in localizing SDGs, coordination between China’s Five-Year Plan and the SDG implementation, and challenges facing SDGs with regard to the existing global governance;
- Evaluating the performance of implementation approaches for SDGs and sharing on China’s experience in achieving SDGs and its collaboration with other countries;
- Joining the SDSN global network, serving as the hub for SDSN in China and facilitating cooperation between Chinese academic institutions and global partners;
- Promoting double master’s degree in public policy and SDGs with the University of Geneva and providing short-term training programs related to SDG implementation;
- Fostering close partnership with relevant government agencies in China, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and other international organizations, jointly carrying out consulting and training projects to facilitate the implementation and localization of SDGs in China;
- Establishing the public communication platform for the TUSDG and cooperating with relevant academic and social organizations to spread ideas and achievements related to SDGs.