Sustainable Finance Innovation Bootcamp
The Sustainable Finance Bootcamp is a unique moment to identify non-trivial sustainable finance challenges and opportunities and act with unprecedented innovation to improve the durability and sustainable impact of economic activities and projects.
In collaboration with the Sustainable Finance Hackathon, the Sustainable Finance Bootcamp will deliver education on:
- Global challenges associated with sustainable finance
- Impact opportunities from non-trivial sustainable finance challenges
- SDGs-based and science-backed methodologies for use-case prototyping and innovation at scale
- Identification and specification of key innovation challenges associated with science-backed innovation
- “Hands-on” practice as part of the Sustainable Finance Hackathon on 13 – 14 November.
A Unique Partnership
Related SDGs and Targets
7a. By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology.
8.3 Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services.
8.10 Strengthen the capacity of domestic financial institutions to encourage and expand access to banking, insurance and financial services for all.
9.1 Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, including regional and transborder infrastructure, to support economic development and human well-being, with a focus on affordable and equitable access for all.
13.3 Improve education, awareness- raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning.
Practical Information & Registration
- Bootcamp : 9th – 11th November 2020 (online)
- Sustainable Finance Hackathon : 13th – 14th November 2020 (online)
Deadline : early November (exact dates to be announced soon)
Certificate & Awards
Upon completion, including participation to Sustainable Finance Hackathon, participants to the Sustainable Finance Innovation Bootcamp will receive a training certificate, jointly awarded by the:
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- University of Geneva (UNIGE)
- Tsinghua University
Awards and other opportunities will be granted to participants (respectively teams) who showed outstanding commitment and performance. Advantages may include:
- Special money grants
- Travel grants
- Coaching and acceleration
- One-on-one interactions with top UN / NGO executives.