SDG Open Hack! has been carefully crafted to provide experiential learning in a unique environment on the campus of Tsinghua University China’s top science and engineering university, over the weekend of 30 November – 1 December.
SDG Open Hack! is a festival of hackathons* aimed at tackling key challenges for the SDGs over one weekend. The event aims to launch 10 hackathons (in urban farming, new energy vehicles and mobility, AI for development, pollution sensing, and more), generate 100+ concrete innovations for the SDGs and host up to 500 participants, including students, engineers, professionals, academics, policy makers, impact investors & business angels.
To find out more about SDG Open Hack! and to pre-register, contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
* The word hackathon is a contraction of hacking and marathon. The goal of a hackathon is to find practical solutions (hack) to concrete problems in 24-48 hours (marathon), by mobilizing the collective intelligence of participants with diverse expertise and cultural backgrounds.
A week-long SDG Innovation Bootcamp will be held in combination with SDG Open Hack! from 25 November to 1 December 2019.
This intensive, hands-on course about social innovation in China includes introductions to:
- Public Policies : a major driver for new innovation & business opportunities in China
- Technology for SDGs : emerging solutions for achieving sustainable development
- Open Innovation : a key approach to overcome complex sustainability problems
- Business for SDG Innovation : ways to scale innovations sustainably in China
- Experiential learning : through participation in SDG Open Hack!
Registration deadline 25 October 2019 : Register here
Each hackathon is co-organised and sponsored by a partnering organisation. Key value propositions for partnering organisations include :
- Talent Scouting : get in touch with China most engaged & innovative engineering students & researchers
- Innovation Monitoring : get inspired by creative teams with diverse expertise and cultural backgrounds
- Corporate Training : challenge your own teams to work on practical solutions with Tsinghua University students & researchers
- Impact Investment : support outstanding solutions for the sustainable developments goals through investment & philanthropy.
Our sponsoring packages :
For more information contact : email@example.com
A word by the organizers
For contemporary young students, who are shouldering the mission to change the world to better, it’s not enough for them to understand the concept of SDGs literally but to take real actions, applying science and technology across disciplines, innovating by exploring a sustainable development model, and identifying real world problems which is vital important! We believe that our ongoing SGD Open Hack! at Tsinghua University would be very good means help them to develop this kind of mindsets and capabilities, building up entrepreneurial skills at the same time!
Pearl Mao, Tsinghua x-lab Director, School of Economics and Management
SDG Open Hack will encourage students to think out of the box to explore user-centered and goal-oriented innovation solutions. It creates an opportunity for students with different expertise and cultural backgrounds to leverage resources beyond their disciplines and to iterate practical solutions through design sprints and fast-prototyping. With the ongoing support from institutions such as x-lab and iCenter, SDG OH! will empower thousands among Tsinghua’s lively community of innovation and entrepreneurship who share the spirit of actions speak louder than words.
Woody De-Yu WANG, Minister of Innovation Education, iCenter/Director, Design and Prototyping Lab, iCenter